Providing you with healthy options is something your dining team proudly does every day. We help you select delicious, nutritious and satisfying meals, snacks and desserts by highlighting well-balanced menu choices and providing nutritional information and tips to help you make choices that fit your needs.
Food Allergies & Intolerances
Talk to Us About Your Food Allergies!
Clarkson Dining and Catering takes pride in sourcing wholesome ingredients, preparing recipes accurately and providing nutritional analysis and ingredient statements in our dining locations, and through our online menus and Bite App. We are also passionate about serving Clarkson students. Our managers complete AllertrainU, an Allergen & Gluten-free Food Service Certified Training. We work diligently to address students’ specific needs, especially those with food allergies, Celiac disease, or special diet needs.
A team approach led by you, our educated consumer, is the best preparation for a safe school year free of allergic reactions. We want to meet one-on-one with all of our customers who have individual dining needs to ensure that your dining experience is safe, delicious, and social.
Kitchen Areas, Stations & Signage
- Simple Servings is available at RoBro Dining Hall, offering a hot plated entree at lunch and dinner free of the top seven allergens. For all of these approaches, measures are taken to reduce the risks of cross-contact with gluten or allergens as much as possible.
- A designated allergen-free "My Zone" is also located in RoBro. This area contains food and equipment such as a designated toaster, microwave and refrigerator restricted to gluten-free foods.
- Our menu system provides ingredient statements specifically highlighting the top eight allergens: milk, eggs, shellfish, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy. Guests may check on the presence of allergens prior to planning their meals using the online menu and the Bite App. The absence of an allergen listed on product signage is not a guarantee that the product is free of that allergen. The guest is responsible to communicate their allergy, consult a manager and may see labels from actual ingredients upon request.
Individual Meal Planning
Students with specific meal related concerns can receive assistance on an individual basis, directly with our General Manager, Bill Masullo. We can also arrange meetings with a Sodexo Dietitian that can include one-on-one consultations, a review of the resources currently in place, a tour of the dining facilities, and menu planning.
A dining option that provides safe and appetizing food choices for customers with food allergies, gluten intolerance, or other special dietary needs. The Simple Servings station offers simply prepared foods made without the seven most common allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, milk products and eggs. In addition, all food are made without gluten and controlled for cross-contamination. Separate equipment, utensils, storage areas and preparation areas minimize the risk, offering customers a safe and healthy dining option. Simple Servings is located in RoBro Dining Hall.
Simple Zone is a gluten-free, peanut and tree nut tree area for students reserved with food allergies and other dietary needs and is located in RoBro Dining Hall. Simple Zone acts as a self-service pantry for students to be involved in their own allergen-safe meal preparation. This area is equipped with a designated microwave, refrigerator, toaster, gloves and allergen-free prep surfaces. We ask our campus community to respect these spaces for those who truly need it.
Clarkson Dining and Catering is proud to feature Mindful by Sodexo, a collection of healthy and flavorable recipes with an emphasis on the use of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Each Mindful meal contains:
- 600 calories for less
- 35% or less of total calories from fat
- 800mg or less of sodium
Mindful items can be identified by a green apple icon on our menus and are available in all campus dining destinations. Learn more about our Mindful program!
Menu items with the vegetarian icon contain no meat, fish or poultry, or any meat products such as soup base. Our vegetarian offerings meet the needs of lacto-ovo vegetarians and may include eggs and/or dairy products.
Vegan offerings contain no meat, fish, eggs, milk or other animal-derived products such as honey.
Our Registered Dietitian, Megan Dennis, works with our dining team to provide nutrition and dietary support to students and helps promote a healthy lifestyle on campus.
Megan is passionate about healthy cooking and helping others reach their health goals through food and nutrition. Megan received her Bachelor of Science in Culinary Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. She earned her Master of Science in Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science from Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania, while completing a comprehensive dietetic internship.
Megan follows the approach of using food as medicine and believes that health and wellness are fueled by a balanced dietary pattern. Whether you’re looking for more healthy options and general guidance, seeking help due to dietary restrictions and food allergies, or trying to boost your athletic performance, Megan is here for you. She wants every student to feel comfortable in their dining environment with safe, delicious options that are right for you.
Megan is enthusiastic about helping you achieve a happy, healthy lifestyle through food and nutrition! You can meet Megan on campus or contact her at email@example.com
Follow her Instagram @campusdietitian_megan for more nutrition guidance!
Why see a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
- Learn about healthy options
- General guidance about a healthy lifestyle
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based diet
- Dietary restrictions with religious beliefs
- Fueling for optimal athletic performance
- Any other food or nutrition questions/concerns